If you are at all prone to fret, worry, or get anxious over life and the stuff in it, here are a few reminders for you to keep you out of the fret mode. Who wants you fretting? I guarantee you it is not God who is planting worries in your heart and mind. So here are five reasons not to fret, besides the obvious reason that God does not like it.
1. It’s not pretty. Ugh.
2. It’s not fun to be with.
3. It is not trusting God.
4. It is not setting your mind on things above, but setting it in the wrong place.
5. It’s fruitless, like chasing your tail. (Like fretting over fretting over fretting…)
So how can you get out of the fretting cycle? Do these things that God likes.
1. Ignore the worrisome suggestions. Change the subject!
2. Do your duties.
3. Be grateful (i.e. count your blessings).
4. Laugh. Delight in God’s goodness around you.
5. Listen to God instead. He says He will look after us far better than we can look after ourselves.