Okay, so this is June 1, and it’s still cold, gray, and rainy around here. But, you’ve got to love it and here’s why.
1. The gray sky makes the hills look a crazy fluorescent green, and all the flowers pop against that gray backdrop.
2. The cool temperatures keeps the tulips and lilacs blooming longer, and what could be better than a long-blooming lilac?
3. You don’t get hot and sweaty working in the yard.
4. You get to look forward to that trip to Phoenix all the more because you know it will be HOT.
5. You save lots of money on summer clothes because you keep wearing your winter sweaters.
6. You keep those vitamin D supplement sales up.
7. You have a good excuse for not taking down the outside Christmas lights.
8. You don’t need to feel guilty about curling up with a good book under the afghan.
9. When else is baking bread in the summer a cozy thing to do?
10. And best of all, it makes you extremely grateful when you see a blue sky and a blast of sunshine.
I feel better already!